Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Tuesday Quote - garden update

With a few flowers in my garden, half a dozen pictures and some books, I live without envy.

~Lope de Vega

Ah….my garden. Last week I took a few photos with my phone so I can share on here. What you can’t tell from the photos is that some of what appears to be weeds are actually volunteer tomato plants and a few bean plants. Funny thing about the beans…I kinda just tossed a few seeds into the garden. Didn’t plant them or anything. I was just curious to see what would happen. Remember, I’m going for royalty in the concept of lackadaisical gardening. LOL

So, without further ado, photos of my gardening “efforts”. Note: These were taken around 10:30 a.m. on yet another humid-as-all-get-out morning. My glasses and the lens of my phone were fogging over a bit due to the humidity.

Freshly picked produce - the first of the summer (from mid-July)


The overgrown garden

Some of the potted herbs. Chives and mint.




The plant in the corner is totally taking over. I think it will need to be moved before next spring!


Peach tree! I can't wait until they are ripe and ready to eat.



No comments:

Post a Comment