Friday, August 6, 2010

iConvo


As anyone who has been around me since mid-April knows, I love my iPhone.

I find it interesting how many people will use the iPhone as a conversation starter. For instance, the other day I went to lunch at a local Chinese restaurant. I had my phone sitting out on the table, as I didn’t take a purse or my backpack in the restaurant with me, and I needed to keep track of the time. There was one other table with customers. That was it. Of course, that’s the norm when I go to lunch, as it is usually between 2-4 p.m.

After those customers left, the waiter noticed my phone sitting on the table. He asked if it was an iPhone. That was the beginning of a 20 minute conversation about iPhone, various apps and other cool things you can do with the phone. Granted, our conversation was interrupted a few times by a ringing phone. It was also slow at times due to the waiter’s heavy accent and us both having to work a bit to understand one another. Overall, though, it was a good conversation.

All because we both have iPhones.

At first glance, many might not realize that my phone is an iPhone. I have an OtterBox case on my phone. Goodness knows I’ve needed that extra protection, as I drop my phone at least once every two weeks. My black and pink case adds quite a bit of bulk to the phone, hiding the slim rectangle of the iPhone. Yet I’m amazed by how many see it in my hand or sitting beside me and ask, “Is that an iPhone?”

Does this happen to others, or am I just someone that everyone wants to talk to?






iPhone 3G photo from: http://www.macmend.com/archives/38

Otterbox case photo from: http://www.buyercheaper.com/buy-cheap-otterbox-defender-case-for-iphone-3g-3gs-blackpink-special-price/

No comments:

Post a Comment