Wednesday, August 4, 2010

I’m a party girl…

Each time I do a candle party, I try to tailor the even to the host. If one likes games, I have a few we can play. If she isn’t fond of candles due to the flames, I focus on the products that are flameless. But, there are several things that I try to remember to do each time.

  • Talk about how and why I became a Gold Canyon demonstrator
  • Give the host her gift for having the party
  • Mention the various lines that Gold Canyon offer (Candle lines, Suddenly Scented items, Homeology, Emerge, holders)
  • Talk about candle care and why it is important
  • Explain the catalog inserts (order form, customer info card, Deal or No Deal envelope and business card)
  • Point out the Party Perks and other customer promos
  • Offer three opportunities – To get the customer promo, To get free products (host a party), and To make money (become a demonstrator)

I will admit…there are times that I forget an item. Usually it is the three opportunities. I am getting better with each party, though.

Once upon a time, I was nervous about presenting at parties. Lately that has changed. I’m less nervous about talking in front of a group of mostly strangers. That’s one of the many great things about becoming a Gold Canyon demonstrator.

No comments:

Post a Comment