Sunday, January 3, 2010

weekend update

Thanks to the slow freight this week, hubby and I have been able to spend nearly four days together instead of our usual two.. He made it home around 5 a.m. Friday morning, and will be heading back on the road tomorrow evening.

It has been a wonderful weekend, my Christmas Cold notwithstanding. We had a lazy day at home on Friday and rented a couple of movies to watch that night (Julie & Julia and Inglorious Bastards). We slept in yesterday and then headed to my hometown for a wonderful day with family. Today we celebrated MIL’s 60th and FIL’s 62nd birthdays with a family lunch at a local pizza chain. Afterwards we all headed to the house of one of my SIL, where we enjoyed watching the kids play various Wii games.

And now we are relaxing at home watching more movies. A perfect way to spend a snowy evening.

RE: Friday night’s movie choices:

I saw Julie & Julia in the theaters, and liked it a lot. The best parts were the ones about Julia Child, expertly portrayed by Meryl Streep.

The hubby and I wanted to see Inglorious Bastards in the theater, but never quite got around to it. Knowing that it was a Quentin Tarantino film, I expected a good bit of gory violence. The movie was excellent. It would have been just as excellent – or perhaps even more – if it wasn’t so bloody. Ugh. I watched a good bit of the film from behind the screen of my cracktop.

No comments:

Post a Comment