Friday, January 8, 2010

Beantown, here I come!

Next week I am heading to a conference in Boston. I’ve never been there before, so I am looking forward to visiting such a historical city.

My friend R and I are taking the train there. This does mean we will be en route most of the day, but I am looking forward to just sitting back and enjoying the scenery.

Two years ago, when we first attended this conference in Philly, R talked me in to taking the train with her. I’ve since decided that I love traveling that way. When I went to Chicago last summer, I took the train from Detroit as well. I haven’t used that mode of transportation for any other trip – due to cost more than anything else. While a somewhat short distance is very affordable, the cost for a comfortable trip across the country is greatly increased. One day, though, I plan on taking that kind of trip. I even plan to bring the hubby along with me.

So…next Wednesday morning R and I will board a train in Pittsburgh and head towards Boston. I will bring along some knitting, a book, a few snacks, my mp3 player and my laptop to keep me occupied, and watch the world go by. And, if all goes well, fourteen hours later I will be checking in at the hotel in Boston.

No comments:

Post a Comment