Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Reinventing

Recently I came across an online article about 101 new uses for everyday things (like lemons, coffee filter and vinegar).

“What a great article!” I thought. I liked it so much that I immediately passed it along to a friend, telling her that I wanted to share it on my blog.

That was the plan. Then…I checked out the site it originated from. Or, rather, the section of that site. What a wonderful site! In addition to the 101 new uses article there were many more similar articles encouraging readers to think outside the box. The site? Real Simple Magazine. The section? Home & Organizing: New Uses For Old Things.

Granted, some of their new uses are ones that I had already known about (like using coffee filters to clean your windows – no lint or streaking!); however, I did learn a lot of additional uses for common household objects. One of my favorites is using post-it notes to clean a keyboard. You just run the sticky side between the keys to collect crumbs and bits of lint.

Check out the site. Maybe you’ll find some new uses for old things, too, and while your at it, you might learn the best way to do something new.

1 comment: