Monday, January 4, 2010

Best Reads from 2009

I read. A lot. In fact, from my records (i.e. my other blog), I read over 80 novels last year. Here is my list of the best of those. The books are not listed in any particular order.

  • If I Stay by Gayle Forman
  • The Evolution of Calpurnia Tate by Jacqueline Kelly
  • Fablehaven by Brandon Mull (series)
  • When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead
  • The Nation by Terry Pratchett
  • Bad Girls Don't Die by Katie Alender
  • The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan
  • Ghost Medicine by Andrew Smith
  • The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
  • Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins (sequel to The Hunger Games)
  • Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan (series. I just finished reading the third book in the series.)

While not my favorite books from my reading adventures this past year, the following titles receive an honorable mention:

  • Pride and prejudice and zombies : the classic Regency romance -- now with ultraviolent zombie mayhem! by Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith
  • The journey that saved Curious George : the true wartime escape of Margret and H.A. Rey by Louise Borden
  • The Mostly True Adventures of Homer P. Figg by Rodman Philbrick
  • Owly: Flying Lessons by Andy Runton
  • Jellaby by Kean Soo
  • Shield of Stars by Hilari Bel land Sword of Waters by Hilari Bell (series)
  • The Year of Living Biblically by A. J. Jacobs
  • Ten Cents a Dance by Christine Fletcher

No comments:

Post a Comment