Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Cookie update

For those who can’t stand the wait, I made the Double-Chocolate Dream cookies with the add-ins I mentioned. Delish!

The cookie party was lots of fun, as expected. I have a bunch of cookies at home. Some I shipped off with the hubby when he left on Monday. Some I will take to work tomorrow for our department’s holiday party/monthly staff meeting. I am keeping just a few for myself.

Speaking of cookies, I need to get my behind in gear and start my holiday baking. I think I’ll make a few batches of the following cookies. I’ll bake half the dough and freeze the other half:

  • Chocolate chip
  • Peanut butter
  • Peanut butter blossoms
  • Loaded oatmeal

I might make another type or two. Not sure.

2 comments:

  1. Great idea to freeze the dough! I need to remember that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should point out that when I freeze the dough, I do the following:

    put dough balls on a wax paper lined cookie sheet.

    place in freezer for at least 30 minutes

    put dough balls into a gallon sized freezer bag.

    mark freezer bag with dough type, baking temp, and baking time (for frozen dough, I bake the longer time)

    ReplyDelete