Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Cookie Monster

I’m invited to a cookie party this upcoming weekend at my friend Jen Knitty’s house. This is the second year that I will attend, and I am looking forward to the festivities. I’m not, however, looking forward to eating all those delicious cookies that I will be bringing home.

Alright. I’ll admit that is a lie.

I just ate waaaaaay too many of them last year.

Anyhow.

I am at the point where I should know what I am baking, yet I am far from being sure what to make. There are so many options! I saw a recipe earlier today that sounds yummy. Then there are the ingredients I purchased at the store this afternoon while I was brainstorming. So, that’s another option. Then…just to add to the crazy mix…there are the various cookbooks sitting in my kitchen, my spare room, my living room, my bedroom, my work that are filled with a plethora of deliciousness. Whatever is a Betty Crocker/Suzy Homemaker type to do?

Did I mention that today was my last day off until the day of the cookie party? Urm, change that. Looking at the clock on my laptop, yesterday was my last day off until the party. Joy of joys.

This leaves me with three evenings to bake: Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. Those who know me and my love affair with procrastination will tell you that I will be frantically baking on Saturday. The only problem with that is the hubby will be home. Guess I’ll have to bake at least one batch of peanut butter or chocolate chip cookies in order to keep him from eating the cookie party goods.

I do believe I am rambling.

Here are the current top choices:

Choice #1:
Pumpkin Cookies with Penuche Frosting

Though, I think they need cinnamon and ginger added to them. Hrm….


Choice #2:

Using this recipe as a base, but with the following changes

Base recipe: Double-Chocolate Dream Cookies

Turtle Dream Cookies: Adding in caramel chips, chocolate chips and chopped pecans

Rocky Road Dream Cookies: Adding in mini marshmallows, chocolate chips and chopped walnuts

Choice #3:

My uber-delicious Loaded Oatmeal Cookies - chock full of chocolate chips, raisins, walnuts, dried cranberries, dried cherries and/or whatever other goodies I decide to add.


Choice #4:

What I thought about making a month ago - homemade caramels or homemade peppermint marshmallows. Neither of these are cookies, though, and therefore go against the whole idea of a cookie exchange party.

Anyone have suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment