Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Baby, it’s 1 a.m. and I am baking…

Yes, last night I was wide awake at 1 a.m. and decided that it was the perfect time to bake.

I promised the hubby that I would make him some peanut butter cookies. Since he is on the road a lot, and since we will have lots of other sweets over the next week or so, I decided to split the dough and use some of it for Peanut Butter Blossoms (or Hugs and Kisses cookies, as I usually call them).

My favorite peanut butter cookie recipe comes from the 1001 Cookie Recipes cookbook. You can tell that I love this recipe just by looking at it in the book.



The dough:

Coating the dough with sugar before baking:


Ready for the oven!


Hershey kisses just waiting for the cookies to finish baking.
Fresh from the oven and waiting to be kissed:
Yum! Must wait until they cool to eat. Right?
Peanut butter cookies ready for the oven:
...and freshly baked!
Yum!

I ended up with about 2 dozen peanut butter blossoms and at least 3 dozen peanut butter cookies.

1 comment: