Monday, April 19, 2010

Iron Votive Centerpiece

Dear Ama,

I love the Iron Votive Centerpiece, but also love the variety of scents available in tealights. Any suggestions on how to use the tealights without getting soot in the glass holders?


I hear ya! The first holder I purchased from Gold Canyon was the Iron Votive Centerpiece. I love to mix and match scents in the holder. My favorite for autumn was Cinnamon Vanilla, Autumn Walk, Mulled Cider and Cranberry Orange. Right now I have Fresh Orange and Ginger Lime. So fresh and yummy!

But…that’s not what you asked. A great way to keep the soot away is to place something under the tealights. I went to my local WalMart and found a bag of crushed seashells (less than $4!). The bag had the perfect amount to fill each glass holder equally and still have enough room for a tealight.

While visiting one of the local dollar stores recently, I came across a bag of small stones. The price is perfect for any budget. They were only $1! This is another great filler.

The photos in this post are of my centerpiece. As you can tell, I'm far from a pro at taking photos of candles!

No comments:

Post a Comment