Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Brit TV 4 Me

The hubby and I subscribe to Netflix. We subbed in the past, and really enjoyed it, but dropped the subscription when money got tight. Several months ago we signed up again. We both love the instant viewing option – especially through our Wii. Who needs cable/satellite television when there is so much available to watch through Netflix, Hulu and your local library’s holdings?

I find myself drawn to British TV shows. Namely, shows with a fantasy or sci-fi element. I’m amazed at how awesome, yet still often horrible, the effects are in British TV. There are scenes that look so amazingly realistic, and then a moment later you can almost see the strings making the robot or dragon move.

My recent BBC show of choice is Merlin. I’m about halfway through the first season. The show is about Merlin as a teenager – a la Smallville and Superman. The characters and their stories have somewhat been altered from typical Arthurian legend, but overall it’s a fairly decent show. An added bonus? Lots of eye candy.

Gwen, Lancelot and Merlin
























Arthur

















Photos from BBC's website.

No comments:

Post a Comment