Thursday, November 19, 2009

Let’s get this party started…

I’m having a party on Saturday night. It’s for the Gold Canyon business, and I am calling it a Holiday Shopping Spree. I will be highlighting the holiday scents and decorations. I’m not sure how many people to expect, which makes providing refreshments a little tricky.

Plans for refreshments:

  • Assorted Appetizers (from Sam’s club)
  • Assorted cheese and crackers
  • Some type of baked goods – something Christmassy.
  • Assorted beverages – water, milk, teas, wine(?). I don’t drink pop, so I usually don’t buy it.

Even though the hubby and I are firm believers in no Christmas decorations before Thanksgiving, I’ve started putting up a few in the living room. A mini tree here. A snowman there. Nothing major, and more than likely all of the decorations I will do this year.

The next tricky part of hosting a party – at least for me – is getting the house in proper order! This is harder than usual, as last weekend I decided that the wall paper in our kitchen needed to come down. This means the kitchen is in semi-shambles. It won’t be painted until after this weekend’s shindig. I’m sure people will survive that little mess. Thankfully I am off on Saturday and will have time to get all the last minute details completed.

My to-do list:

  • Sam’s club trip
  • Clean upstairs bathroom
  • Mop hall
  • Vacuum rugs
  • Clear and set dining area table
  • Put away excess Gold Canyon boxes and supplies
  • Clear off computer tables
  • Laundry
  • Dishes
  • Put together free gifts for attendees
  • Check stock and catalogs
  • Take out cash from the bank
  • Breathe and relax

I’m sure there is something I’m missing.

No comments:

Post a Comment