Plans for refreshments:
- Assorted Appetizers (from Sam’s club)
- Assorted cheese and crackers
- Some type of baked goods – something Christmassy.
- Assorted beverages – water, milk, teas, wine(?). I don’t drink pop, so I usually don’t buy it.
Even though the hubby and I are firm believers in no Christmas decorations before Thanksgiving, I’ve started putting up a few in the living room. A mini tree here. A snowman there. Nothing major, and more than likely all of the decorations I will do this year.
The next tricky part of hosting a party – at least for me – is getting the house in proper order! This is harder than usual, as last weekend I decided that the wall paper in our kitchen needed to come down. This means the kitchen is in semi-shambles. It won’t be painted until after this weekend’s shindig. I’m sure people will survive that little mess. Thankfully I am off on Saturday and will have time to get all the last minute details completed.
My to-do list:
- Sam’s club trip
- Clean upstairs bathroom
- Mop hall
- Vacuum rugs
- Clear and set dining area table
- Put away excess Gold Canyon boxes and supplies
- Clear off computer tables
- Put together free gifts for attendees
- Check stock and catalogs
- Take out cash from the bank
- Breathe and relax
I’m sure there is something I’m missing.