Saturday, June 5, 2010

Dear Maven - Diffusers

Dear Maven, The Diffusers are such a wonderful product and the perfect gift for teachers, but as a Demonstrator I am always getting requests for scents that are not available in the Diffusers. When will Gold Canyon be coming out with more scents?

Ah, the one question I get over and over . . . “Why can’t I have [insert favorite scent here] in [insert product line here]?


Let’s address this now before it’s asked again. Oh wait, too late. I think that’s the ding of my inbox now as I type this.

Well, dear Demonstrators, I admire you for your persistence in trying to please your customers. After all, where would we be without persistent Demonstrators? However, I must explain the reasoning behind this mystery.


The reality is, it’s really not much of a mystery. Gold Canyon is known as “The World’s Finest” and this I KNOW you know. Well, because of this fact, we can’t just offer every fragrance in every product line and still meet our high standard of quality.


One thing you may not know is our R & D (Research and Development) department Coworkers are super perfectionists. When we hire for R & D, we actually look for this on their resumes! These highly trained scientists worthy of Gold Canyon aren’t exactly falling from the sky either. With the experts we do hire and their mission of providing “The World’s Finest”, they don’t exactly have extra time on their hands. Currently, only the best-performing fragrances are offered in Diffusers. But don’t worry—R & D is always developing and testing more fragrances that may be offered in the future!

As professor at GCU, I use Diffusers to keep my classroom from smelling stale. We have developed the Give Teacher an “A” Gift Giving set that is the perfect back-to-school gift for teacher of all class ages. It is flameless, comes with a cute ruler ribbon exclusive to the set and a full set of decals to ensure your Diffuser is always in season. And, since the fragrance lasts 3-5 months, you don’t have to worry about ordering a refill until winter break!


Bottom line: I know how you and your customers all love Gold Canyon fragrances so much and I really can’t blame you for that. So, I’m sure this won’t be the last time you or I hear this question, but maybe now you can explain things a little better. Perfection takes hard work people and no one would want their Sugar Cookie fragrance to be under par now would they? I didn’t think so!


Dear Maven is a column in our monthly demonstrator’s newsletters. I have not written any of these articles, but am sharing them here for your information.

No comments:

Post a Comment