Friday, December 13, 2013

It's the holiday season



Front of this year's Christmas cards
Christmas is only a couple weeks away!  How did that happen?  Most of my holiday shopping is finished, other than ordering a few items online and buying some gift cards.  I put up two small trees, wrapped several gifts, and mailed nearly forty homemade Christmas cards.  At work we have switched over to our winter bulletin boards and decorations, though we are still putting up a few items here and there. 

The past few days I have begun to consider what sweets I want to make for Christmas.  Peanut Butter Fudge is a must.  Not only is a favorite of mine, but I know that several of the hubby’s family love it as well.  I might also make a batch of Buckeye Brownies to take to the in-laws’ house.  Those are my current favorite.

"Oh, Christmas trees! Oh, Christmas trees!"
What else to make, though?  I could always stick with the usual suspects: chocolate chip, peanut butter, peanut butter blossoms, and loaded oatmeal.  Maybe make an old favorite that I haven’t made in years, such as pecan tassies or kolache (not the nut roll dealio that the hubby calls kolache).  Or I could try something new.  I could even forgo the cookie route and bake a cake.  So many options…so few people eating them. 

Of course, I could always take the cookies to work and share with my coworkers.  They might grumble about the excess of treats, but that rarely keeps people from enjoying the goodies!
Obviously, my niece Maddie does not heart Santa

What are your favorite holiday sweet treats?   Have a recipe to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment