Thursday, May 23, 2013

Thankful Thursday




We’ve been having a bout of mostly warm temps here the past week or so.  I even broke down and turned on the central air last week!  Which brings me to today’s topic of gratitude.

I am thankful for sunny days. Days when the weather cooperates and I can sit outside and read a book or play with the pups.  I am also very thankful for central air conditioning.  Without it the temps inside my house would climb several degrees higher than those outside.  Not only would that make me miserable and headachey, but it would be unhealthy for the furkids.

I’m also thankful for rainy nights.  I love listening to the rain and feeling a slight mist come through the open bedroom windows.  I love the smell in the air just before it rains, and the scent of the rain falling. 

While it does get hotter than I like, I’m thankful I live in a place where bad weather rarely kills.  Yes, we can get tornados in our part of Ohio, but the likelihood for twisters is slim compared to the Plains.  Additionally, when we have experienced tornados, they haven’t been nearly as devastating as the ones recently experienced in Oklahoma.  My thoughts are with those who have lived through those storms, and with the friends and family of the humans and animals who did not survive.

And on that note, I’ll end with the gratefulness I have knowing every day I can snuggle with my pups when I am at home and I can hear my husband’s voice on the other end of the phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment