Thursday, November 15, 2012

Thankful Thursday



For some time now I have been thinking of starting some new holiday traditions.  While I love to receive gifts, I enjoy giving them even more.  This holiday season I want to start something that I hope to continue for the rest of my life.  I want to make it truly a season of giving.

Therefore I am trying an experiment between Thanksgiving and Christmas.  Every day I will perform a Random Act of Giving.  I want to go beyond the gifts for friends and family.  Now to just figure out how! 

My reasoning for this?  I am thankful for all I do have.  Hubby and I have had our struggles over the years, and, as life is always full of them, I am certain we will come across more obstacles as time goes by. Beyond the physical objects we possess, we are rich in other, just as important things: love, friendship, humor, joy...Those feelings that are there even when times seem dark.

Starting on Sunday, November 25, I will begin my Month of Giving.  Feel free to join in …and to share your Random Acts of Giving as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment